19-22 November 2020
Welcome to MiniDebConf Online #2 “Gaming Edition”, four days of Debianites working together to learn, have fun and improve Debian. Talks will take place on 21 and 22 November, and will be preceded by a MiniDebCamp on 19 and 20 November.
Why a MiniDebConf about games!?
Recently, Debian (and Linux in general) has been emerging as a great platform for gaming. Not only for playing games, but for creating games too.
Over these four days, we plan to hold various sessions with broad appeal that should be interesting to people who play games, create games or who are generally interested in what Debian can do, we’re planning topics on:
- Talk to upstream game developers about their experiences, how they develop, how they fund their projects or keep it sustainable
- Cover some great free game engines and game creation tools
- Look at the tools we have available to create graphics and music for games
- Fix bugs in game packages and work on game related issues
- Showcasing great games already packaged, as well as DFSG free games that needs packaging
What is Debian? What is a MiniDebConf, or a DebConf even!?
For all these answers, see our About page.